What is your cancellation policy?
It’s quite simple, you need to give us 24 hours notice if you want to avoid paying for a session you can’t make. Why do we do this? For two reasons, firstly there are others who may be desperate to get in to see us, this period allows us to get them in for a session. The second is our livelihood, when we can’t fill a slot we still have overheads to pay, we lose money and other potential new clients. This notice period is an industry standard for doctors, physios and most other medical practices.
What happens during a treatment?
A brief history is taken prior to the massage including your health, fitness and occupational background. We may do some standing tests and will review your posture (this we do with your clothes on). The majority of our treatment is hands-on work, however we want to fix you, so may glean as much information from you so we can work out what’s going on.
What should I wear?
We use towels during the treatment and would require that you keep your underwear on, however if you feel more comfortable, you can bring a pair of shorts. Stretchy underwear is best, especially if we are treating legs.
Should sports massage hurt?
Yes and no. If you are crawling off the couch trying to get out from under the therapists elbows, then NO it should not feel like that. When too much pressure is applied and causes undue pain, your natural response is to tense up, this means the therapist is now treating your voluntary muscle tension and not the problem area. Exit stage left and find someone who will care for your muscles as much as you do. So when should it hurt? Pain is a personal emotion, everyone tolerates pain differently, a therapist should be sensitive to this and regulate their techniques to get the tissue to respond to the treatment. In some instances to get that tissue to respond it may be a little sensitive but it should not be unbearable. However never feel wrong to shout if you are struggling to unclench your teeth – you know your pain tolerance better than we do and we are always happy to ease up a little.
What are your Terms & Conditions?
Our commitment to you:
- You will be examined and treated in line with the FHT Code of Conduct and Professional Practice by a qualified Sports Massage Therapist.
- As part of your initial examination, the therapist will take a history of your condition and treat according to what you tell us.
- You may decline any of the treatments proposed without prejudice.
- Your appointment/s will be scheduled according to your needs and to the best of our ability.
Your commitment to us:
- In order for you to gain maximum benefit from your treatment with us we recommend that you supply all relevant information to your therapist.
- It will be necessary for all clients to sign a consent for treatment at the time of the initial assessment.
- If you arrive late for your appointment your treatment session will be shorter whilst full payment will still be required.
- If you wish to cancel your appointment we need 1 business day (24 hours) notice period. After this time the full fee will be charged for the session, if we are able to fill the session we will not charge for the session (please text as early as possible on 07810301198 and we will attempt to fill your session).
- Payment may be made by cash or card.